Slow cooked chicken is chicken breast cooked with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey, then chopped and seasoned. Easy cooking rice!
It’s better to serve a slow cooked teriyaki chicken cooker with rice, and you don’t want to get rid of this thick and delicious sauce. Since we are all trying to make ourselves healthier this year, be sure to provide plenty of fresh fried vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (or leg quarters)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place the chicken in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour the chicken and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, cut it into small pieces and set aside.
- Sprinkle cooking liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cornflour and water in a small bowl until mixed.
- Corn flour mixture is slowly added to boiling liquid and boiled. Let the sauce thicken for 2-3 minutes, then discard the chicken again.
- Place the sauce on the chicken and heat it up.
Keywords: Recipe for Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken