- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using an electric powered mixer, cream collectively the butter and sugar on medium-high pace. Beat until butter is light and fluffy, 2 to 3 mins. Beat within the egg. Add in 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Turn the mixer to low and add within the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix simply till flour is completely included and no dry streaks continue to be. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours, till chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop 1 half tablespoons of dough and roll into spherical balls. Space 3 inches apart at the baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 mins, or till tops of cookies are barely puffy and bottoms are simply slightly starting to brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle with the ultimate lemon zest. Let the cookies sit down at the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a twine rack to chill absolutely.
Store cookies in an hermetic box at room temperature for up to per week or freeze for up to 3 months. Remove frozen cookies from the container to thaw.
Keywords: Lemon Sugar Cookies