- 4 chicken thighs , skin-on, bone-in
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried thyme, oregano
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 slices bacon cooked, chopped
- 6 oz white mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° C.
- Season both sides of hen thighs generously with salt and pepper and Italian herb seasoning blend (normally a mixture of dried thyme, oregano and different herbs). Heat vegetable oil on medium-high warmness in a big skillet. Add fowl thighs pores and skin-aspect down. Cook for about five mins, on the skin aspect until properly browned.
- Transfer chicken thighs, skin side up, to the foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until chicken thighs are completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- In the mean time, make the mushrooms sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms (without salting – to ensure the mushrooms get caramelized) and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes flipping once.
- Add chopped cooked bacon to the skillet.
- Add heavy creamy, 1/8 teaspoon salt and snipped fresh thyme, bring to boil, stir, immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes on very low heat for flavors to blend and sauce to reduce a bit. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- When chicken is done baking and chicken thighs are completely cooked through, add cooked chicken thighs to the skillet and spoon the sauce and the mushrooms on top of chicken thighs.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mushroom and Bacon Sauce