- Medium Size Mixing Bowl & Spatula
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 8” x 12″ Baking Tray (or similar size)
- Cheese Grater
- Large Frying Pan & Wooden Spoon
Ingredients (check list) :
- 3 cups / 300g Cheese, or as needed (see notes)
- 1lb / 500g Chicken Breast, diced into very small chunks (at room temp)
- 3 small Peppers (1x Red 1x Green 1x Yellow), finely diced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeños, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 Lime, juice only
- 7oz / 200g Tortilla Chips, or as needed
- Avocado Oil, as needed (or oil you have on hand)
- 3 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 1 medium Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Guac
- 1/4 cup Coriander/Cilantro, finely diced
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 356F/180C.
- Place hen into a mixing bowl. Remove 1 tsp from your fajita mix (this can be used for the veg) and pour the relaxation in with the fowl. Use a spatula to mix until completely covered, then region to at least one facet.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium-excessive warmness, then upload your chicken. Fry till white thru the centre and properly charred on the outdoor. Remove from pan.
- Heat up 1 tsp oil (or as wanted) then add your peppers, onion and jalapeños if the use of. Fry till they start to soften, then stir in 1 tsp fajita seasoning. Continue frying until absolutely soft and starting to char.
- Turn off warmness.
- Add chicken returned in and stir thru the juice of half of a lime. Place pan to one facet.
- Stack 1/2 your tortilla chips, followed by way of half of the fowl, followed via 1/2 the cheese. Repeat some other layer, then pop in the oven for 15mins or until the cheese goes excellent and gooey.
- Garnish with coriander/cilantro and serve with guac, salsa and bitter cream!
A) Half component – The entire recipe will readily feed eight. It’s without difficulty divided in half, simply use the serving slider at the pinnacle of the recipe card.
B) Cheese – I normally go for three/4 cheddar 1/4 mozzarella. Pepper Jack/Monterey Jack additionally works top notch.
C) Lime Juice – This is elective, but does upload a pleasing kick of the flavor and brings out the spices in the chicken.
D) Tortilla Chips – Opt for a pleasant thick, strong chip. This will preserve things maintain them from going smooth too quickly, mainly if you’re doing double decker.
E) Eat ’em up brief – The longer you leave them, the much less melty the cheese may be and the greater risk of the tortilla chips going soggy. Also, 15mins is only a steerage. You genuinely handiest want them in the oven lengthy enough the soften the cheese (because the chicken is already cooked).
F) Calories – shared between eight human beings, the use of three cups Monterey jack cheese and 1 tbsp + 1 tsp avocado oil to fry. No side dips.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: Chicken Fajita Nachos