When Chicken Fajitas meet double decker nachos, appropriate matters take place. These Chicken Fajita Nachos are the proper crowd pleaser!
Homemade Fajita Chicken
For this recipe I go with chicken breast and cube up pleasant and small. I locate large chunks of chicken tend to overpower the nachos a bit. In terms of seasoning, you may simply grab shop bought fajita seasoning, or make my Homemade Fajita Seasoning. Of course I propose the latter
Apart from that it’s only a case of the usage of mixed peppers, onion, jalapeños (elective) and a nice squeeze of lime juice. Simples!
How to make Fajita Chicken for Nachos
- Dice bird.
- Add seasoning.
- Stir to mix.
- Add to medium-excessive heat with oil.
- Fry until cooked thru/gently charred.
- Remove & add peppers/onion/jalapeño.
- Fry until smooth, upload seasoning.
- Mix in hen and lime juice.
Double Decker Nachos
Because seriously, are nachos even nachos if they aren’t double decker?! I suggest yes. All nachos are remarkable. But double decker is better.
My recommendations for warding off soggy nachos are firstly to ensure you choose a strong chip. Nothing skinny a flimsy. A exceptional strong tortilla chip to hold the load. The second is to make certain you eat ’em rapid! No messing around, directly out the oven, immediately into the face. The longer they take a seat the more threat they steam themselves right into a soggy infinity.
How to make Chicken Fajita Nachos (short summary)
- Spread tortilla chips.
- Top with fajita chook.
- Top with cheese.
- More tortilla chips.
- More chicken.
- Finish with cheese and bake!
Can I use Beef?
You should sub the bird and use ground beef with the precise equal spice blend. It could just be much less ‘fajita nachos’ and greater ‘Mexican ground beef nachos’. I suggest 500g/1lb.
Can I use Leftover Rotisserie Chicken?
Sure! Just shred the chook with the spices and fry for a few mins in some oil, just to fasten in the flavours.
- Medium Size Mixing Bowl & Spatula
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- 8” x 12″ Baking Tray (or similar size)
- Cheese Grater
- Large Frying Pan & Wooden Spoon
Ingredients (check list) :
- 3 cups / 300g Cheese, or as needed (see notes)
- 1lb / 500g Chicken Breast, diced into very small chunks (at room temp)
- 3 small Peppers (1x Red 1x Green 1x Yellow), finely diced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeños, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 Lime, juice only
- 7oz / 200g Tortilla Chips, or as needed
- Avocado Oil, as needed (or oil you have on hand)
- 3 tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- 1 medium Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Guac
- 1/4 cup Coriander/Cilantro, finely diced
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 356F/180C.
- Place hen into a mixing bowl. Remove 1 tsp from your fajita mix (this can be used for the veg) and pour the relaxation in with the fowl. Use a spatula to mix until completely covered, then region to at least one facet.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium-excessive warmness, then upload your chicken. Fry till white thru the centre and properly charred on the outdoor. Remove from pan.
- Heat up 1 tsp oil (or as wanted) then add your peppers, onion and jalapeños if the use of. Fry till they start to soften, then stir in 1 tsp fajita seasoning. Continue frying until absolutely soft and starting to char.
- Turn off warmness.
- Add chicken returned in and stir thru the juice of half of a lime. Place pan to one facet.
- Stack 1/2 your tortilla chips, followed by way of half of the fowl, followed via 1/2 the cheese. Repeat some other layer, then pop in the oven for 15mins or until the cheese goes excellent and gooey.
- Garnish with coriander/cilantro and serve with guac, salsa and bitter cream!
A) Half component – The entire recipe will readily feed eight. It’s without difficulty divided in half, simply use the serving slider at the pinnacle of the recipe card.
B) Cheese – I normally go for three/4 cheddar 1/4 mozzarella. Pepper Jack/Monterey Jack additionally works top notch.
C) Lime Juice – This is elective, but does upload a pleasing kick of the flavor and brings out the spices in the chicken.
D) Tortilla Chips – Opt for a pleasant thick, strong chip. This will preserve things maintain them from going smooth too quickly, mainly if you’re doing double decker.
E) Eat ’em up brief – The longer you leave them, the much less melty the cheese may be and the greater risk of the tortilla chips going soggy. Also, 15mins is only a steerage. You genuinely handiest want them in the oven lengthy enough the soften the cheese (because the chicken is already cooked).
F) Calories – shared between eight human beings, the use of three cups Monterey jack cheese and 1 tbsp + 1 tsp avocado oil to fry. No side dips.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: Chicken Fajita Nachos